I set my alarm to go off early this morning (and actually got up instead of snoozing it! small victory) to go for a Fall run down by the lake. I wish I ran with my phone so I could have taken a picture. The sun was out, the water was calm, and the skyline was breathtaking as usual. (No matter how stressed or overwhelmed I become, that skyline always reminds me that I live in the best city in the world). Unfortunately, a weak left IT band that I thought had gotten better had me heading home earlier than I would have liked. But it was worth getting UP and MOVING nonetheless.
I always try to have either a glass of chocolate milk or a smoothie when I return from working out (whether it is running, yoga, or lifting at the gym). Protein post-workout, typically within 30 minutes of working out, is essential. I went the smoothie route this morning using:
– about 1 cup of organic soy milk (honestly, I don’t actually measure it but start with a little then continue to add as needed)
– 1 whole banana
– handful of organic strawberries
– about 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
* I highly recommend a blender by Hamilton Beach for simple smoothie making. It costs less than $20 at Target.
About two hours and two cups of coffee later, it was omelette time. (I don’t set times for meals although I think it is a good habit to get into.)
– 1/2 cup egg whites and 2 whole eggs (I buy egg whites premade)
– 1/4 tomato
– handful of spinach
– feta cheese (My name is Emily and I’m a cheeseaholic. I try to atleast go for the ‘healthier’ cheeses)
I paired this with a cut apple (the fiber will keep you fuller longer) and a big glass of water with lemon.
P.S. I got this guy in the mail this morning. So excited to get started 🙂